Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Rain, rain, go away...

Today, after a short email exchange with the Gym scheduler, I signed up for a Tennis PE class for beginners! The process is usually done online using a quick and easy drop down menu, but the backup class time for one of my courses fell at the same time as the Tennis PE schedule. The backup times, of course, are rarely used, so this wasn't too much of a problem. I'm very excited to be learning a new sport, and I can't wait for next week.

The weather this past weekend hasn't been cooperating. Bursts of sunshine, with black clouds almost invariably forming in the afternoon. I was caught in the rain last week on my way back from my Engineering class without a raincoat. People thought I had just come out of the shower. Ahh, hopefully this means that summer's getting all of the rain out of the way so that we can bask in uninterrupted sunshine later. After all, I have swimming plans for the coming weekend at the river =)

First week of classes, and I already have a 2000 word essay due on Monday next week! Yikes! Of course, I guess I shouldn't complain, since I jostled and fought for my place in this course. But still. 2000 word essay due July 4th at noon? Not cool, professor, not cool at all...

No comments: